状语从句及其他从句对比练习 1. 1) He is such a man ___ doesn't keep his promise. 2) He is such a kind-hearted man ___ we all respect him. A. who B. that C. as D. whom
2.1) Was it October 1,1949 ___ the People's Republic of China was founded ? 2) Was it on October 1,1949 ___ the People's Republic of China was founded ? A. in which B. on that 3. C. that D. when
1) It must have rained last night,___ the ground is wet. 2) He is absent ___ he is ill. 3)___ you are free today, you may have a rest.
since (Since) B. for(For) C. because(because) D. as long as(As long as) 4. 1) We don't know ___ he will come unless told. 2) We didn't know ___ he would come until told. A. that B. whether C. if not D. how long 5. 1) His pen is red ___ mine is black. 2) He was about to start ____ it began to rain. 3) He hurried home, looking behind ___ he went. A. when 6. B. as C. while D. since
1) I'll write to you ___ I arrive in London. 2) I had hardly arrived in London ___ I wrote to you. 3) I had no sooner arrived in London ___ I wrote to you .
A. than B. as soon as C. when D. once 7. 1) It is at five o'clock ___ we'll meet again. 2) It was five o'clock ___ we left for Shanghai. 3) It is five hours ____ he left. 4) It will be five hours ___ we meet again. A. when B. that C. before D. since 8. 1)It was not until his mother died ___ he came home. 2)It is not long ___ his mother died. 3)It was not long ___ his mother died. 4)It was not long ___ he was born that his mother died. A. before B. after C. since D. that
9. 1) ___ had I got on the train when it started. 2) ___ had I got on the train than it started. A. Hardly B. No sooner C. As soon as D. The moment
10. 1) It was two o’clock in the morning ___ I arrived there. 2) It was at two o’clock in the morning ___ I arrived there A. that B. which C. when D. while 11. 1) He is such a good leader ___ people all respect. 2) He is such a good leader ___ people all respect him. A. that B. which C. as D. who
12. 1) ____, and you will make progress. 2) ___, you will make progress.
B. Work hard D. To work hard
C. If you work hard
13. 1) A year has passed ___ my sister finished school. 2) A year had passed ____ my sister finished school. A. before B. since C. as D. for
14. 1) _____, he could lift the heavy stone. 2) _____, he could not lift the heavy stone. A. Strong as he was C. He was strong enough B. So strong was he D. As he was strong
15. 1) He is such a good teacher ____ we all like. 2) He is such a good teacher ____ we all like him. A. whom B. that C. as D. which
16. 1) _____ he come, what ____ you say to him? 2) _____ he comes, what ____ you say to him? A. Should ,would B. When, would C. If, will D. Were to , do
17. 1) It is two years since his brother ____ the army. 2) It was two years since his brother ____ the army. A. joins B. joined C. was joining D. had joined
18．. 1) You ___wait until your father ___back. 2) You __leave until your father __ back. A. should, comes B. shouldn’t will come D. should, will come
C. shouldn’t, comes
19. 1) They got up early so that they ____ there in time. 2) They got up early, so that they ____ there in time. A. may get B. could get C. got D. had got
20. 1) It is many months ____we met each other in the park. 2) It is many months ago____ we met each other in the park. A. when B. that C. which D. since
21. 1) ____ I saw the young man I recognized him. 2) ___I saw the young man, and I recognized him A. The moment when C. When the moment B. The moment
D. At the moment
22.1) ____ he said so, the young girl was very angry with him. 2) ___ what he said, the young girl was very angry with him. A. For B. Because C. Because of D. Since
23 1) The story was so moving, ___ made me moved. 2) The story was so moving____ it made me moved. A. that B. which C. what D. then
24．1）.We'll wait here ____ they come back. 2）.I hadn't waited long ____ he came back. A since B. until C. before D. after
25.1).He was about to leave the classroom ____ the teacher came in. 2). She has turned around the corner ___ I could say anything. A. when B. after C. before D. till
26 .1).The day breaks,___ the birds are singing. 2). She had to stay at hone ___ her mother was seriously ill. A. for 27. 1).Mr Wang B. so that C. if D because is such a good teacher ___ the students love and respect him.
2). Mr Wang is such a good teacher ___ the students love and respect. A. who B whom C. that D. as
28.1).It was not ___ the police arrived and caught the thief. 2). The book will be printed _____. A. before long B. before C. long before D. long 29..1).She is ____ good a teacher that we all like her. 2). He is _____ good teacher that we all like her. A. so B. such C. such a D. quite a
30. 1) _____ time goes by, I like to speak English more and more. 2) ______ time going by, I like to speak English more and more. A. As B. When C. While D. With
Keys: 1.CB 2.DC 3. BCA 4. BA 5. CAB 6. BCA 7. BADC 8. DCAB 9. AB 10. CA 11. CA 12. BC 13. BA 14. DA 15. CB 16. AC 17. BD 18. AC 19. BC 20. DB 21. BD 22. BC 23. BA 24. BC 25. AC 26. AD 27. CD 28. CA 29. AC 30 AD